Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fliffer Huzza

Whenever I hear the word lugubrious, I feel like jumping into a gigantic pit of pillows yelling “LUGUBRIOUSSS!” It just sounds like such a fun word. It makes me think of little Boobahs spinning in circles and dancing around on a rainbow in pink clouds floating in the air. Well, that was until I found out what the word meant. Apparently it kind of meant the opposite, all gloomy and upset and stuff. Similarly, my brother thought it sounded kind of swiss cheese made out of peanuts. You know, goobers meaning peanuts and stuff. Unfortunately he was wrong too– unless it was some sad cheese… Wow words are so confusing. Ever since I found out what lugubrious actually meant I threw the word in my fliffer huzza pile– the pile of things that make no sense.  In the little box you can see a bunch of random questions floating around. Like why are chicken pox called “chicken” when the specks look more like burgers? Or why the guy that made silly bands is now a millionaire?  Or why do letter grades go from D to F, won’t E feel left out? Or why is a “w” called a “double u” when it looks like a “double v?”


I feel like I’ve been adding a lot to the fliffer huzza pile lately. Do you know what the most annoying thing is, when a person asks you if fliffer huzza is the name of an expensive drink or something. Next time that happens to you, just stare them down in the eyes and yell “Well that made me lugubrious–no, it is not a drink!!!”

… I guess here goes another confusion to add to the fliffer huzza. 

1 comment: