Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Soaring Epiphany

Seven years ago, when I recently got an email account, I urged everyone to message me with cool stuff. Of course that instantaneously begot in thousands of ludicrous chain mails: send this to 20 people or you’ll be cursed for seven years, send this to all your contacts of mikey mouse will hunt you down when you are asleep... Of course that was all spurious, actually most of the “cool stuff” I had insisted on turned out to be. But there was this one email I found to be very fascinating. It was just a few pictures of this green fluffy bird just sitting there. The point was, to me the picture became an epiphany that there is so much life in the world that I’ve never even heard about. That the world consists of a vast variety of knowledge and that I had never even thought to think of. That even in the simply stated word “bird” has a countless amount of organisms that humans could only dream to be acquainted of.  And even though I got that email so long ago, ever following glance at these pictures always continue to bring a smile. So of the numerous, here are some pictures of a bird that will surely make your day: 






1 comment:

  1. Neha, that is a very interesting epiphany. It does stagger the mind to think not only about how much you do not know, but how much you will never know. Makes you wonder about those who refuse to consider other views or taste new foods or break old habits. It makes you wonder about conventions and customs that inspire us to do the same things, stay in the same places, remain with the same people for decades and decades.

    ReplyDelete